Projects including civic lottery
Missions Horizon Europe
- For: Danish Board of Technology and European Commission
- From: Deliberativa
- Facilitation of an online one day event with 50 randomly selected Spanish citizens to recommend priorities to the Mission on Climate adaptation and societal transformation
- Date: 28 July 2020
UPV-EHU Summer Course
- For: University of the Basque Country, Course on Sortition, Technology and Science, in Bilbao
- Design and moderation of the Sortition part
- Dates: 3-5 June 2020 [Cancelled because of pandemic]
Citizen juries in Gipuzkoa
- For: Aztiker, participation consultancy
- Consultancy for the design and monitoring of citizen juries in two municipalities of Gipuzkoa.
- Development period: July 2019 – May 2020
City Observatory, Madrid
- For: Madrid City Council, participation area
- Advice for the implementation of the City Observatory, the first permanent assembly created in the world composed of citizens chosen by sortition. From Participalab (MediaLab Prado), in collaboration with the newDemocracy Foundation.
- Development period: Feb. 2018 – April 2019
- For: ParticipaLab (Medialab Prado)
- Coordination of a research group together with the newDemocracy Foundation (Australia), within the framework of the Collective Intelligence for Democracy programme at Medialab Prado, Madrid.
- Project developed: Hybrid democracy: how to combine digital participation platforms and citizen juries.
- Development period: November – December 2017
- For: Donostia 2016 European Cultural Capital, participation area, consultancy for the creation of Ardora, citizen committees chosen by lot, in which 194 people living in Donostia participated to allocate the 493,840 € of the cultural call Energy Waves.
- Committee development period: 2015-2016
Participation in networks
- Democracy R&D, a network of organizations and individuals promoting deliberative methodologies. Member of several working groups since the creation of the network in 2018.
- OECD, Open Government Unit, participation in a working group on the institutionalisation of deliberative processes for public policy decision-making.
Working period: October 2019-February 2020
- For: Bidarte Bihotzetik, municipal team of Bidart City Council (France)
- Design and facilitation of citizen workshops to contrast and prioritize measures proposed by the team
- Development period: February-March 2020
Definition of a Creation Center
- For: Hernani City Council (Gipuzkoa)
- Implementation of a participatory process and a recommendation report on the establishment of an artistic creation centre.
- Development period: February – May 2019
Laboratories of innovation in participation
- For: Colaborabora
- Inventory of references in the world of innovation laboratories in citizen participation, to include it in a report about the co-design of an innovation laboratory in participation in Euskadi, Ilab, Open Government Partnership, Basque Government, January 2019.
Studies on country planning
- For: Conseil de développement du Pays Basque / Euskal Herriko Garapen Kontseilua (Baiona, France)
- Responsible for studies on cultural and linguistic planning of the territory. From working groups made up of representatives of the administration and civil society, elaboration and drafting of operational programmes. Pioneering participation project in France.
- Development period: from 1996 to 1999.
Participation in networks
- Open Government Partnership (Basque Government). Participation in group 5 (as a citizen) on the Basque Integrity System. Development period: October 2018 – June 2020